This is a standard Laserforce mission. Players play as individuals and zap any other player that they encounter. Players have unlimited shots and unlimited lives, thus it is not possible for players to be eliminated from the mission prior to the scheduled mission end time.
When zapped, a player is deactivated for six to eight seconds. During this time, the player’s phaser is inactive, but the player can still be zapped, so seeking a safe hiding place is necessary. At the end of this down time, the player is reactivated and may return to the action.
Bonus points are awarded for destroying in-field targets. To destroy an in-field target, the player must zap it three times in a row without missing or being zapped themselves. All in-field targets are considered neutral and as such may be destroyed by all players.
Zapping other players and destroying the in-field targets accumulates special points. Special points are required to activate some of the advanced special abilities available in this mission. See the separate special abilities listing for a detailed list of the special abilities available.
Notes: All Warbots are considered neutral and may be zapped for bonus points but beware, they will return fire. Warbots cannot be missiled.
- Once a player zaps a Warbot a number of times, the Warbot becomes that player’s servant for one minute. During this time, the Warbot will not try to zap its master, and any points or special points scored by the Warbot are awarded to the controlling player.
- Each player can only control each Warbot once.
- After deactivating an opponent, a player cannot zap that same opponent again unless either: the opponent reactivates, the player zaps someone else, or the player activates a “Reset” special ability.
- Special abilities become available only as the player increases their skill level. It is not possible for a player to change skill levels during a mission.
- Each time a special ability is used, the requirements for it increase making it more difficult to obtain or more expensive to use the next time.
- A high level player may need to zap a low level player up to three times before they are deactivated.
- High level players are more vulnerable to being zapped while deactivated.
- The “Missile” and “Nuke” special abilities affect only those opponents who are of a high enough level to possess the same ability.
Recommended length: 7.5 minutes.
Skill Levels: The standard six skill levels are implemented. See separate skill levels listing for a detailed list of skill levels.
|Zap opponent||100 + 10 x level diff.||1|
|Missile opponent||500 + 100 x level diff.||2|
|Destroy in-field target||801||5|
|Take control of Warbot||500||–|